Sri Petaling, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur is also known as Bandar Baru. It is a mixed bag of old eating establishments and located towards the south of the city. Today it is a highly commercialized area and boasts of booming restaurants and Sri Petaling hotels. Look for a modern hotel that is placed close to the city’s famous dining spots and popular attractions. Hotel Sri Petaling Kuala Lumpur makes for a good hcoi9ce as is at a perfect location to enjoy the local food and markets of Malaysia.
Getting around most of the Sri Petaling by foot is possible. A bicycle would be perfect for reaching your favorite spots. The suburban township is vibrant and boasts of excellent infrastructure. It is easily accessible from major highways, but be aware as the traffic can be notorious. There are so many exciting sights and sites to explore in the compact city. Still, getting around the city is easy, thanks to the trains and taxis.
What to do and see
- Start your trip with a visit to the large mosque near the center of Sri Petaling. Later you can go to the Masjid Jamek which is located near SMK Bandar Baru Sri Petaling. The mosques are always packed with Muslim worshippers.
- Another interesting spot is Sri Petaling Community Centre where you can find locals and tourist playing badminton. There is a park for children as well as a football field and a basketball court
- For those who love nightlife or are night birds, there are two Night Markets, the Store hypermarket and the other opens every Friday. Endah Parade, a popular nightclub is open every day.
- Enjoy the soft Thai music within the décor of Thai Odyssey. It is like a haven once you hear the music and take in the scent of aromatic herbs in the air.
- Do not miss out on the variety of massage services by the spa therapists from Thailand. Go for the traditional Thai massage, sports massage or the herbal therapy.
- Explore the unique shops offering all kinds of products and services around the small shopping centers. Endah Parade is popular location and outlet.
- Go for a regular trim, wash and blow for your hair or get an entirely new look at EVO. The salon has plenty to offer and pamper your whims and fancies when it comes to hair products and the latest styles.
- Head towards Yorokobi Art, a café and art jam venue is where one can enjoy a cuppa as well as meet their inner Picasso. You can join art classes held here for both children and adults.
Where to dine
When it comes to food, Sri Petaling will not disappoint you. There is an endless number of restaurants and cafes here to titillate your taste buds. Hong Kong Chee Cheong Fun stall is known for its fast service and can dish out Hong Kong-style chee Cheong fun in just two minutes. The Shire Café is known for its waffles and breakfasts while 103 Coffee Workshop offers the best coffee. Enjoy homemade cheesecakes, big breakfasts and a lot more at many more popular cafes and restaurants. Softsrve is a Japanese-inspired ice cream parlor while Tiny Temptress is a full-fledged patisserie.
Where to shop
Cite Book Garden is where you should head for if looking for a quiet place to read amidst green surroundings. There are hanging potted ferns in the book garden, and one can enjoy looking at the wall that displays magazines and fashion glossies. Go to Jorya Weekend if looking for Korean fashion and whimsical womenswear. You can shop for lower prices but generally get excellent quality. At Daily Choize, you can shop for fresh and organic products.